Saturday, August 11, 2007

ON THE ROAD-DAY TWO…After my “long” 2 hour doze, I woke up and got moving and on with my day. I was focused and headed for Texas! On the way to breakfast, I put some of my things in the car. At breakfast, one family was from Carrollton, a suburb of Dallas. They were on their way to visit family in Indiana. When I told them that I had lived in Tyler, they knew of it because of Pine Cove, where they had gone for family camp (and where two of our daughters worked).
Today seemed to go much faster than yesterday. One reason is because I stopped less often. Yesterday, I felt I had to stop at rest stops because they were there and I didn’t know when the next one would come along. Today, I spent most of the time on 69 which goes through towns so you can stop when you need to. You also need to slow down for each town, so once I got going, I didn’t want to stop! I tended to go in 2 hour segments today and that worked much better. It also worked better to leave before 8 AM. One larger town I went through, I think it was McAlester, OK, was before a lot of very small ones and I wanted to see if I could make it to TX before stopping for lunch. I got a milkshake at about 10 AM to hold me and I did fine until about 1 PM when I stopped in Sherman, TX for lunch. I had one disc to go when I hit Dallas traffic and was needing to follow specific directions to get to where I am staying. It is now night and I still don’t know how my book ends. They are in court and a whole bunch of things are resting on this case. When I find where I put my earphones, I’ll listen to it. I arrived here safely at about 4 PM after one minor wrong turn in Dallas and about an hour lunch break and stroll in Sherman.
This evening I have spent my time settling in, putting things away, showering, washing hair, eating supper and just generally R-E-L-A-X-I-N-G! I have been wound pretty tight getting ready for this few weeks and it feels pretty good to be here…in one piece…with no responsibilities…for a few minutes. What has been forgotten, is forgotten. (So far, that is all my jewelry that I don’t wear all the time.) Aside from the boredom of it, I could do worse. I seem to have the really important things like medications, forms for work and uniforms. So now I am ready to go to bed and sleep. Good night to all.


At 8:40 AM , Anonymous Dawn said...

Congratulations on your first solo road trip! I'm glad you made it there safely. Enjoy getting back to the world of uniforms :)


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home