Friday, June 29, 2007

I'M FEELING LIKE THE BOUNCING BALL THAT LANDED WITH A THUD...I've been home more than a week now from Memphis and Franklin and still feel like I will never catch up around here! I think that two weeks away out of the month of May plus VBS plus a women's event was too much. My brain feels totally scrambled and I can't seem to get any organized thoughts moving in my head. Well, just a few, but not enough to do me any good.
Last weekend I got some gardening gaps filled so our tiny yard would look good for the remainder of the summer. I still don't know if all the plants are in the right location for the amount of sun they will get but the timing worked out great last weekend. It was cool AND rainy so the plants hardly even drooped after being replanted.
I'm doing a little work in the house, but the debris seems to be multiplying before my eyes. When my brain gets mushy like this, I have a much harder time going through stuff and knowing what to do with it.
Yesterday was a great break. I went to Bloomington (about an hour away) and met a new friend for lunch at Panera bread. I was supposed to help her but I think the visit helped me more than it helped her. I listened to some CD's on the way (that Tara Barthel was getting rid of on her blog one day) and they were JUST what I needed. They were from the WIC Women's Leadership Training Conference this past March (I think...or 2005). Barbara Juliani's talk on the Heart of a Teacher was really great. One thing she said that I needed to hear was that prayer is how we let God know that we have nothing to offer Him and we can't do anything on our own...expecially the christian life! (not a direct quote...it is a blend of her quote and how I processed it.) That really got me. Even though I know I can't do it on my own, it is only intellectual knowledge based on my actual prayer life. Her words were very convicting and very true! I think I needed the drive to listen to the CD's. The lunch and fellowship with another pastor's wife was pure gravy:)
Today, we will be going to a baseball game! We really aren't great baseball fans...especially me:) The local team is the Peoria Chiefs. It is now a Chicago Cubs farm team. That has changed since we have been here I think, but that is the way it is now. In the local competition between the two teams--Chicago Cubs and St. Louis Cardinals--things can get pretty lively. Some families can get divided over loyalty to the teams. If I had to choose, my choice would be in the direction of the Cards, but we'll go and sweat tonite with a group at this game and enjoy it. i'll end of visiting with people and miss most of what happens on the field:) I just don't know enough about baseball strategy to stay riveted on the game. Besides, it moves ever so slowly.
Since the bouncing ball has bounced from topic to topic, I'd better stop for now...and eat lunch:)

It was almost a shut-out. Peoria won 9-1 I think. At the last minute, the other team made a run. I think they were from Iowa. It was a fun evening and the weather was great. I needed a jacket!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home