Saturday, June 02, 2007

HOME AGAIN, HOME AGAIN...after a week away, we arrived home late Tuesday night from Seattle after a very crazy day! I HAD to be home in time for Wednesday morning the 30th. We have been planning a ladies' seminar with Tara Barthel for weeks. When we first knew about it, we thought it would be later in the summer, so I got our tickets for Seattle with the coupon that gives a major discount before June 1. AFTER the tickets were purchased, we got the final dates for the seminar--May 30...the day after I would arrive home. Since that was the best date for everyone else, I knew it was possible to do it. I don't have children and their schedules to deal with. So of course, the problem to manage (which was totally out of my control) was the plane scheduling.

Our flight was Seattle to Dallas, Dallas to Peoria. It was scheduled to leave at 12 noon. We were loaded on the plane and at 1 PM we were told that the minor hydraulic problem was a major one that would cause, at best a major delay and at worse, a cancelled flight. By the time we were off the plane, there was a long line of people waiting to get rerouted. My husband stood in line while I checked the board for the next flight to Chicago. It was leaving at 1:25 PM. Since their line only had two people in it, I got in that one and happily, there were two seats on the plane to accomodate us. I motioned to my husband to come over, we showed our ID and we were good to go. The agent warned us that we would not have good seats and we would not have our checked luggage. I told him that was the least of my worries. I needed to get home!

We got to Chicago an hour later than our original plan and the flight from Chicago to Peoria that is often cancelled, wasn't. We got in about an hour later than the flight from Dallas was supposed to get there, but WE GOT HOME! By the time I got some things typed into my computer for Wednesday and had my things all lined up for the morning, it was 1 AM. I slept well and our day with Tara went very well. More on that later. TO GOD BE THE GLORY! (I don't say that tritely because we were praying to get home on time for Wednesday and others were too.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home