Wednesday, August 23, 2006

THIS CATCH-UP MONTH IS FLYING...and there still seems to be so much more left to do! It seems I keep working on this Women's Ministry Development and nothing much shows for all that I am doing. I am asking 10 women to be on the Leadership Team because I don't really think all ten will say, "Yes". I have gotten five yeses. I have actually had numerouse conversations with them over the past year. I have five more almost cold contacts to make. Many are interested in seeing a Women's Ministry developed but I'm sure each has something different in mind. We will need to do some reading to get on the same page in terms of overall Biblical foundation for what needs to be done, then we can develop a plan for our women specifically.
In the meantime, we will start a Bible study (for everyone) which will give us an opportunity to meet together over the Word. Hopefully that group will be large enough that we will be able to get a pulse on what some of the need is. When we meet in that context, it tends to be less self-centered and more focused on what God wants. It also helps us focus (in prayer) more on the needs of others rather than on our own personal needs. When we can study God's Word in the context of community, it will become the much more living and breathing Book that it is supposed to be.
I have been preparing the Bible study and have most of the lessons done. I am changing how it will start by adding an exercise the week before they get their books. I had wanted to have the Leadership Team chosen and meeting long before now, but there have been multiple interruptions including my schedule. Now, it looks like there may be one more interruption. My Seattle daughter has asked for help flying back to Seattle from Nashville. I'd like to help, but that was about the time I was planning to do the final work of getting things up and going for the Bible study. Overall it will mean probably a one week delay in starting, but it knocks out a chunck of time that I had planned to finish up working on all kinds of things! I was revved to come back from our family get-together in September and get all the copying done for the Bible study as well as lining up all the final details. That was also going to include meeting with the Leadership Team. Now the meetings are going to have to be rushed before my trip and I'll have less time after I come back to "get my head together". I'm trying on the decision to go to Seattle (her husband leaves on a business trip to Australia the day before she returns home from her trip). As I try it on, it seems that many of the problems I had with it are not insurmountable, they will just complicate the planning beforehand. That especially relates to medications and clothing!! Why does life continue to keep getting MORE complicated?? This morning I got myself organized with my calendar so I am ready to line up the people I need to meet with.
As I update this blog, it is a few days later. The team is still not together. Final answers are not given and I haven't even been able to contact everyone. I've had one group meeting that was quite difficult (not the team) that I am still getting over and digesting. (Trying to keep what was profitable and get rid of what was unprofitable.) I know there is a reason for the slowness that all this is taking...and in the long run, it will be benficial. I just wish I could figure out why. I guess I'll know a year from now. Ultimately, it is all in God's hands and for His glory. I hate that everytime I get involved in a process like this, it causes misunderstanding and conflict. If I didn't work so hard ahead of time to prevent the very conflict that erupts, it wouldn't be nearly so frustrating. I think often it does bring to light some areas that are very hidden and dark and sinful in the way the church has been malfunctioning for a long time. (This goes for any church I have participated in this.) When obvious change is on the horizon, people in charge of these areas are threatened. I don't mean that they don't love the Lord, but they have become focused on the wrong things to the detriment of the overall church health. I can't really speak to the specific issues because I am not in a position of spiritual authority over them. Unfortunately, they think they have the authority to tell me what to do and that is a false premise. It has worked in the past because people were afraid to cross this particular group, but as far as I am concerned, the stakes are too high to allow them to continue to think that they can control what is done in some of the areas they think they should be able to. This is beyond my level. It will be dealt with by others higher than I. Meanwhile, I'll continue to pray. I'm not totally sure what to ask for apart from God to be glorified and His kingdom to be advanced.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home