Monday, July 31, 2006


AND NOW FOR THE QUILTING SIDE OF MY LIFE...since I haven't talked much about it for awhile. On Thursday, I picked up my two quilts (throw size) from the woman who quilted them and they turned out great! What a relief. That meant that I was able to take advantage of "chocolate days" at my local quilt shop.
It is only one day per month and is designed for us to be able to finish projects we are working on without interruptions as mundane as fixing meals:) They provide lots of chocolate nibbly food for the day (not a huge temptation for me) and lunch and we get to sew to our hearts' content. They usually do some type of mixer game that we can play while sewing or having lunch so we get to know each other a little better. I haven't been able to go for months so this was a great treat. They have a huge cutting table that makes it very easy to evenly trim the quilt before putting the binding on. Basically, I got both quilts trimmed, the binding on one and much of the binding sewed together for the other one so that when I got home, I was able to complete the job and have both quilts done...except for the labels. One is for my brother and his wife and the other is for my sister and her husband. I have one in the works for my youngest sister who took a little longer figuring out what colors she wanted. If I work things right, I'll get a quilt made for each during my 60th year plus the two for the new grandchildren that got made. Not a bad accomplishment! I would be glad to keep either of these quilts. They came out even better than I expected them to. What a treat!
Well, here is the quilt for my brother. the colors don't show as well as in real life, but you get the idea. The border is sort of a teal with rust dots in it. Of course, the photo doesn't show the beautiful quilting that was done. In one block, is a large leaf, in the next, a smaller one framed (on point) with a bracket design that also goes around the inside rust border. The square where all the brackets join form a sort of four-petaled flower. Along the wide, teal border is a freehand leaf design. The quilting is really beautiful! I'll include the next quilt in another blog.

1 Comments:

At 12:12 AM , Blogger Megan said...

Very lovely. Are you a hand quilter or a machine quilter?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home