Saturday, December 09, 2006


AND NOW FOR THE ACTUAL GIFT...(drum rolls please!)
This is a mug made by Mopsy herself. She even sent a teabag. Sorry Mopsy, I don't even consider this a White Elephant. The colors remind me of the years we lived in Jamaica and south FL and will warm me up in body and soul as I remember some very good friends from that time of my life (20-30 years ago!). True, it doesn't match my kitchen, but how many mugs do? The tea will be great. (I'm not a coffee drinker.)
The down side of this exercise is that I really feel bad for the person I sent my gift to. It really is a White Elephant! I'm not sure she will be able to use anything in it:( Happy opening to my fellow White Elephant contest players. This was my first blog WE event and it was a lot of fun! Thanks for making it fun in the middle of having a sick child and moving to a new home Megan. I hope the Christmas party for all of you was successful and fun.

4 Comments:

At 8:48 PM , Blogger Megan said...

Oh yeah, that's a nice one. Not to worry, Martha. The one I sent qualifies as an actual white elephant, so don't feel badly! :) And enjoy your special goody!

 
At 1:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's beautiful! LUCKY girl! :D

Don't feel bad...did you see the one I sent out? Stuff I've been given as gifts for the last 2 years that I'll NEVER use.

Ummmm Yah. Can't WAIT to see what I'm gonna get.

 
At 9:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun! I'm still waiting for mine. :-)

 
At 8:39 PM , Blogger Kate said...

martha-
i like your blog... i'm very impressed with your posts and the design and such. thanks for the comments on mine. :) it's not very well maintained. i'd love to chat sometime. please feel free to call - easleys have my number.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home