Thursday, May 11, 2006

TALK ABOUT CHANGING DIRECTIONS MIDSTREAM! That's what happened today. I woke up this morning expecting to fly out of the Peoria airport at about 3 PM. I was headed for Seattle via Chicago, for 11 days there with my daughter and her family including their newest daughter, Quinn. It seemed that all was going well, I was putting the final items in my suitcase and planning to tidy up around the house when the phone rang.
American Airlines was calling to tell me that my flight was being cancelled due to bad weather in Chicago and changed to an early flight in the morning. It is quite a windy day and thunderstorms are predicted for the afternoon even though none have materialized yet at close to 5 PM! So I will arrive in Seattle about 1:30 PM tomorrow instead of 7:30ish tonight. What to do?
I decided to have lunch with a friend that I have missed talking with for weeks and had a lovely time visiting and catching up. It was a delightful and refreshing time. Now I will be able to have a quiet evening at home with some light housekeeping that will leave things more orderly for Ron and probably make my life simpler when I return for a breather before going to Texas.
I guess it all worked out well after all. Sometimes life gets so busy and hectic that i don't have the sense to stop and breathe. I think God figured it would be a good idea for me to do just that before going to WA where things can get pretty busy. It will delay my arrival by about 1/2 a day (as far as awakeness goes) but gave me an unexpected breather that I am enjoying. Thank you Lord for taking care of me when I am not always wise enough to take good care of myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home