Wednesday, April 26, 2006

A YELLOW BELLIED CHICKEN...THAT'S WHAT I AM!
This is my fourth entry and I still haven't told anyone about my blog. Talk about being a chicken!! I'm realizing how boring my life probably is to anyone who might choose to read this, yet I feel that I need to tell people about the blog so I can get some feedback and be stimulated to write. I guess I'll do it after I return from St. Louis. We're leaving tomorrow afternoon. Our seminar starts Friday morning and goes all day and all day Saturday. My understanding is that it is the life of Abraham so I guess that will be a study of a few chapters in Genesis. I'll enjoy seeing the contrast with the way Bible Study Fellowship does it since that is what we have been studying there. My main reason for wanting to use Precepts is that it can be used in the local church and our local church needs something like that. I also like having people taking apart scripture "on their own" i.e. looking at key words, paragraphs, key ideas, etc. so that everyday people are learning to study scripture for themselves and don't see it as something only the teacher does. That makes for a healthier church--when people are actually IN the Word instead of reading books about it or listening to speakers who tell them about a Bible study they have done. Of course, those are not bad things, they just don't go far enough and lay people forget that the "normal" is for them to be studying the Word on their own.
We also plan to enjoy the hospitality of a former roommate of our daughter's in Kiev. She is now married and living in St. Louis and has frequently offered hospitality before. This time we took her up on it. We will enjoy being in a home.
Hopefully, the first of our new grandchildren will arrive next week. Christy is hoping for this weekend to finish up some things around the house. Any time she gets after that, she will enjoy before the baby comes...up to a point!
I discovered today that my current phone contract is up and I am entitled to a new phone and a better deal for the same amount of money. I may upgrade so that I can get a good picture of the new baby from the delivery room. That would be fun! Then Ron could use my old phone and upgrade his phone situation. I'm sure it would work better. I'd better stop the ramblings for now and send this even though it isn't being read yet:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home