Tuesday, September 12, 2006

ONCE AGAIN I'M PACKING...This time I will have three trips rolled into one! Thursday evening three of us will be flying to Atlanta, GA and the PCA Women's International Conference. One lady is from our church and one is from our presbytery--a new pastor's wife (second career). She and her husband are planting a church in the Champaign/Urbana area near University of IL. Since my daughter is coming to this conference from Ukraine, we will be having a family reunion in TN after the conference. This is a very special treat for us. When we were all able to be together last Christmas, we thought that would be our last time together as a family for two years.

This coming weekend, our daughter from Seattle will be coming to TN with her two little ones. Her husband's impending business trip to Australia precludes his being able to come. On Sunday, after morning church, Ron will drive to the Nashville area (about an eight hr. trip) so by that evening, we should all be there. Dawn will be there until Thursday morning (our anniversary) when she will return to Ukraine. Ron will return to IL on Saturday most likely. Christy will also be meeting some college friends, so she will be in Franklin until Tuesday when she, I and her two children will fly to Seattle. Ron will join us on Wednesday and we will be there for about a week to help out until her husband gets back home. Our last Sunday there will be Quinn's baptism. We are looking forward to that. Time has flown since she arrived and it is something that we needed to get done. By the time we get home, it will be October! I know I'll have a lot to do to catch up by then. I'm just hoping I'll be able to remember what happened during the conference:)

I don't take all these flights for granted. I don't discuss the niggling fears in the back of my head. I find it best not to entertain them. They often lead to more fear. It seems that the last few years, we have often had to travel near anniversaries of 9/11 or near times when there have been major scares of one sort or other. All we can do is once again trust God and know that His will is good and perfect. It is not always easy. If something horrible does happen to one of our loved ones, we know that God will give us the grace we need when we need it...not before. So far, His will has been to allow us to arrive safely at the planned destinations. I pray that will happen this time too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home