Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I'M NOW ON THE LAST LEG OF A THREE LEGGED TRIP...it has been a lot of fun, but I get weary after a week or ten days away from home. I left home September 14 and have had a lot of fun--both at the PCA Women's International Conference that was held in Atlanta, GA for that long weekend, and for the week+ afterward in Franklin, TN with all our grandchildren (3) and children (3). It was an unexpected pleasure getting to be together and so much fun to see the grandchildren all together. Quinn and Walker (a month apart in age) are so cute together. they both smile a lot and seemed to enjoy each other. Quinn Abigail (5 months old) can turn completely over. Walker (4 months old) is working on it and can go one way. They are both at such a cute age. Caroline (age 3) kept everything quite lively as well...in a different and often unpredictable, way.
As of yesterday, Christy and her two girls and I are in Seattle. Ron is to arrive this evening. Her husband arrives home from a business trip in Australia on Friday. The big occasion of the week is Quinn Abigail's baptism. That is why we made the trip now. Her grandpa will be able to have some involvement in it since we are in the same denomination as the church they attend. That is always a joy for my husband.
It is now October 4 and we are home. Everything went according to our plans as outlined above, for which we are grateful. Today is my day to "get it together". I'm sure it will take more than one day for me to do that. Along with catching up, I am working on a reading project for a mini-course I will be taking at Covenant Seminary in St. Louis, MO October 13-14. The topic is Women's Ministry and will be taught by Tasha Chapman and Judy Dabler. I've enjoyed the reading so far. The only problem is that it is so good, I keep rethinking my earlier plans for a group that will be doing some planning for a women's ministry at our church. I guess I had better take one step at a time and get the full picture before making any major changes. If we decide to add to our reading, we can down the line. I'm so glad I have someone else to go with me to the seminar. Pam is great both administratively and instructionally--huge weak areas for me. Hopefully, between the two of us, we will be able to communicate to others in the group what will be helpful for our church. She has been here working in the trenches for years. I am very much the newcomer.
I'd better bring this ramble to a close for now and get on with my day. hopefully, in a day or two, I will be making way more sense in fewer words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home